A Positive Note – 2021 District 211 Board of Education Election Candidate Questionnaire

Gabe Classon and Maya Nayak

The Viking Logue sent out a questionnaire to all nine candidates in the District 211 Board of Education race. See all of the candidates’ responses to one of the questions below. See here for The Logue‘s full coverage of the April 6 election, including the candidates’ responses to other topics on the questionnaire.

It’s been a rough year, so let’s end this on a positive note. What is your favorite thing about District 211?

Curtis Bradley: The face the my immediate family all graduated within this district. I can always go into Schaumburg, or Conant and see the history of my family on the walls. Also living in and working in this community it makes me proud as I drive past the buildings. Also my youngest is still playing collegiate football, and during various interviews he will always reference how the coaches from D211 HS (Conant) prepared him for whats next!

Denise Wilson: The 211 students’ sprit and they deserve school board members that will be focused on moving the district forward and educating all students to meet high standards.

Robi Vollkommer: The amount of Honors or A/P course offerings. My daughter competed in a state-wide academic competition last year and there were a lot of contestants that went to schools where there wasn’t a single Honors or A/P course offering.

Kristen Steel: The other parents I met are honestly fighting for what is best for students. It might be difficult to see today, but our experience is being leveraged in a fight for your tomorrow!

Jessica Hinkle: As a product of D211 I know what we have to offer, know what we are capable of doing and know there is more that we can do to optimize the student experience.

Roxanne Wittkamp: I have two favorite things about D211. The first is the teachers. You cannot find a more devoted group of educators! The second is sports and clubs. My three children all played in high school sports, and all three played at the college level. Also, I judged BPA (Business Professionals of American), and it was great to see students create and present their business ideas!

Anna Klimkowicz: I enjoy talking to students, it’s always a fresh perspective on life. I continue to be amazed at the talents of our students. The concerts, plays, sporting events, displays of artwork, writings, etc. all have been impressive. The best is watching how students interact with one another, there is joy and laughter. I have also seen students being supportive, which truly shows compassion. Students are resilient – thank you!

Tim Mc Gowan: The community’s pride in our district’s schools. Many students really do walk away with lots of love and admiration for our high schools, which not all districts can say. Our alumni go on to do incredible things like attending prestigious universities, playing professional sports, and even coming back home to the district to teach the next generation.